Advanced reports in Medisoft can be exported to a variety of file types including plain text, PDF, excel, and more. Advanced reports can be found in the "Reports" dropdown menu and the "Medisoft Reports" window. This guide will walk you through the steps to properly print your report to a file and offer some helpful tips to help you get the most out of your exported reports.
- Run the report. When it is finished, click the print icon in the top left of the window
- Check the box next to Print to File
- Select the type of file you would like export to in the Type box
- Click the ellipsis icon to the right on the "Where" field 1
- A folder browser will appear. Select where to save the report
- Make sure you change the name of the report and do not include the file extension. The program will add the appropriate extension when you click the save button 2
- Click the OK button to save the report
NOTE: Saving to an excel file will include all page hearers, footers, line breaks, and images on the report. While the data on each page will align with the correct columns, there will be a significant amount of fields to clean up if the report you are exporting is not labeled as an "Export" report. With a little retooling through the Medisoft Professional Reports Designer (not included with base Medisoft editions), most reports can be optimized to export to a CSV file that will import into excel cleanly with no extra fields. Contact us at email@example.com if there is a report you'd like to have customized for export. Most report export optimizations will cost between $30 and $60.
NOTE 1: If you do not change the file path in the "Where" box, the report will act as though it is printing, but will not place the file on your computer where it can be accessed.
NOTE 2: If you enter a file extension that does not match the file type, the resulting file will be empty or be filled with gibberish. Allow the program to assign the appropriate file extension.