Several screens in Medisoft will allow custom default values to be set to pre-populate fields for future new entries. These screens include, but are not limited to, New Patient, Case, New Insurance, New Facility, and New Provider. Once a default is set, all new entries of the same type will automatically pre-fill all fields with the values entered when the default was set. For example, you can enter the attending provider and facility in a new case and click Set Default to have all new cases pre-populate the attending provider and facility fields.
To Set a new default:
- Enter information into all fields you wish to save with a new default value. In this example we have entered new default payment codes, billing methods, claim form options, and a diagnosis code set for an insurance carrier.
- Click the Set Default button and click Yes to overwrite the previous default. In this example, each time a new carrier is created, the payment codes, billing methods, claim form options, and a diagnosis code set will be filled in according to the new default that was set.
NOTE: Setting a new default will override the previous default for the same screen.
To Remove a default:
- Open a new item screen of the type you wish to clear the defaults for. For example, if you wish to clear the defaults for a patient's case, start by creating a new case with the current defaults.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard. You will notice the Set Default button text changes to say Remove Default.
- While Ctrl is still help down, click the Remove Default button.
- Click Cancel to close the current screen without saving it.
- You can now create the new item again and the new entry screen will appear with all fields blank. You can now create a new default if desired.