Submitting Corrected Claims

If you need to modify the information on a claim after it has been paid or denied on an EOB (or ERA) you will need to re-submit the claim as a corrected claim. To do this:

1. Enter the claim number assigned by the carrier, usually identified as the ICN number on the EOB, in the Claim Number field in the patient's Case under the Policy 1 tab.

NOTE: Only enter the numbers and letters that come after "ICN: " on the EOB.

2. Next, you need to identify the claim as a Corrected Claim. To do this, go to Claim Management, find the claim, click Edit, and enter a "7" for the Frequency Type.

NOTE: Make sure that you change the claim status to "Ready to Send" when you are ready to send the claim out with the next batch.